IMPORTANT UPDATE: REGISTRATION IS FULL
If you are interested in being placed on the waiting list, please complete this form:
Join world history methods experts and Asia scholars to learn more about Korea’s rich history. Participants will explore best practices in world history pedagogy as well as new teaching modules on Korea that are perfect for the AP World classroom or any world history course. Participants will receive special consideration for the 2019 Seoul Visit program.
October 18th: Check In and optional welcome reception
October 19th & 20th: Conference
October 21st: Departure
The conference is open to 6-12 Social Studies teachers and curriculum specialists.
Sheraton Orlando North Hotel
600 N Lake Destiny Rd, Maitland, FL 32751
Thanks to the generous support of the Korea Foundation, there is only a $35 registration fee for the conference, single occupancy room, meals, and transportation stipend.
- Participants will receive $100 cash for miscellaneous expenses such as taxi and parking. No receipts are needed to receive this stipend.
- Rooms are single occupancy
- WIFI is included in conference meeting rooms and guest rooms
- Your registration fee is non-refundable. Please inform us ASAP if you need to cancel. Any registrant who does not cancel and is a no-show will be invoiced a $200 charge to cover the cost of the hotel room.
- Travel expenses up to $400 will be reimbursed with a receipt.
- Participants with automobiles will be charged $6 per night for parking
- There is no airport shuttle provided by the hotel. Participants are responsible for transportation to and from the airport
- A hotel shuttle is available for travel within a 3 mile radius
A travel reimbursement of up to $400 will be provided to participants who attend the entire conference. The reimbursement is designed to cover airfare or mileage to the conference.
- Airline tickets must be economy class (not comfort or business class)
- A printed receipt must be provided on the first day of the conference
- Conference participants may extend their stay at their own expense
- A MapQuest or Google Maps printout indicating miles traveled must be provided on the first day of the conference.
- Mileage is reimbursed at the current IRS rate
- Mileage cannot exceed the cost of a round trip flight
- Parking is the responsibility of the attendee ($6 per night)
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner are provided on October 19th and 20th
- No dinner is provided on Thursday, October 18th
- Conference participants are expected to attend evening dinners
The dress code is business casual. Conference participants are asked to dress up for the banquet with Korean War veterans on October 20th (no jeans, shorts or t-shirts for the banquet)
Your registration fee is non-refundable. Please inform us ASAP if you need to cancel. Any registrant who does not cancel and is a no-show will be invoiced a $200 charge to cover the cost of the hotel room.
Please contact Conference Coordinator, Bobbie Downs, with any questions or to cancel your registration: BDowns@WorldhistoryDE.org